Wednesday, July 20, 2005

What if?

I tend to ponder the universe and all that it holds within its endless space. I've decided many things to hold true about the vastness that is the universe, and one of them is that virtually anything could happen. If you think pigs cannot fly, you might be right, but you may also be wrong. Consider the multiverse for a moment. Every choice, every decision, everything down to the atom or string (check out super string theory and more specifically Brian Greene) that does one thing, there is an alternative universe that has done the opposite. I for one believe that in one of the infinite pages of the multiverse that there is a pig that can fly, I mean why the hell couldn't it?

I guess my main point is that the universe is controlled right down to each individual atom and even smaller. And seeing that scientifically I cannot prove nor disprove the existence of God, I've come to the conclusion that its not just the randomness of the universe, but it is God that is in control of everything. Now, what if this is all just a really dirty joke being played on us by God. Keeping the previous thought in mind, I'm going to throw an idea out there. What if I was the object that holds the entire balance of the universe together. Chances are greatly in favor of me NOT being that unifying object, but what if I'm right and I am that balance. I mean why the hell couldn't I be? I can't for with 100% certainty say that I'm not, but I can also claim that I am and I might be right! Wouldn't that be crazy if I was in fact that unifying balance? I suppose the only way for us to know if I am that balance is for me to die and see what happens. I however don't want to die, at least not for a very very long time. So I now present a few situations:

1) I actually am the balance that holds everything together due to some sick cosmic joke. When I die, the entire multiverse will collapse onto itself and everything will become nothing. Now we could test out the theory by killing me. But why would you test that theory? If I'm right, then you will all die horrible deaths the moment after I'm gone.

2) I'm not the balance that holds everything together. Nothing will happen after I die, other than me being in Heaven and my friends and family mourn.

Conclusion:

I for one really don't think we should test my theory out. I mean, if I am right and the multiverse collapses, whats the point? The test would have been done for nothing other than to prove me wrong. But then you'd all cease to exist too and nothing will have been gained from this experiment. And if my theory is incorrect, then you'll just have one more dead guy and a disproven crazy theory and what good is all that? Suffice it to say, either way you look at it, no good can come from my death regardless if I'm right of if I'm wrong. Now having pondered this theory at great length I've come to this final conclusion. I'm going to believe that I am this unifying object and though I should not be worshiped, I should be looked upon with awe and wonder. Protection (ie; my posse) shall be around at all times trying to prevent my death, and scientists all over the world will come together and work on something to keep me alive forever, even if I'm not fully conscious. This is to ensure that humanity can continue to exist for countless thousands more years. I mean hell, if I'm wrong, whats the harm in keeping me alive forever just in case...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home