Friday, July 22, 2005

Man vs. Moth Part Deux: Damsel in distress

Ah yes... Another battle between man and moth. How long can it go on before one is the successor? Will this age old war ever stop? Or will it continue until there is an epic end on the battlefield with no survivors on either side? We are far from this outcome, however there will be smaller skirmishes for milenia until the final resolve. This... is my second story...


It is late as I lay in the living room awaiting the coming sleep. I ponder the goings on of the day. It was a good day. Excitment, adventure, but I must keep my head as a "Jedi craves not these things". As I ponder the days events, the fair maiden now in her sleeping chamber is getting ready for a date with the sandman (for you dense folks, that means time for bed hahaha!!! I slay me!...). She steps out of the sleeping chamber and I must say looks dashing in her teddy bear pj's. Her cat Cricket rubs up to her leg in as if to say hello, I missed you while you were changing. I say "nice jammies". With a smile she happily retorts with "thanks!". She said she'd only be a minute before we could chat, and with that she turned t'wards the bathing chamber to finish her nightly cleansing ritual. As the maiden enters the bathing chamber and turns on the light she lets forth a screem so horrid it was as if she had seen death himself! My thoughts are broken as I dart up to see what evil hath come upon this fair maiden. She runs out clearly shocked by what happend waving her hands around her head as if something horrible had jumped into her hair. "Whats the matter?" I cried with concern. "There's a moth in there" she wailed in complete terror. Haha, silly girl I think to myself, but dare not say or face dire consequences. She throws the cat in the bathing chamber and commands it to fel the vile beast! The cat just stares up at the ceiling in puzzlement as it cannot yet see the bombarding moth. "Don't worry m'lady" I say. "I'll dispense of the evil, but you must stay back for I fear you may get assaulted yet again if not careful." With that, she steps back and allows me to do my job. The job that I was born to do. The job that men for millions of years have been doing to protect their loved ones... Kill moths! Not thinking in the rush of the moment I failed to close the escape hatch! (for all you dense people, that means the door! LOL... ok I'll stop!) I assume the position* (see first man vs moth post for details on "the position") and begin the mission to down the vile beast. I look up and I see it diving towards me, "AHHH" I yell and duck out of the way. It then makes its way to the inevitible bombardment of the light fixture. Smug little bastard thinks he can get away with dive bombing me?!?!? I'll show him pain like a moth has never felt pain before!!! I start swatting at it with both my hands. "Damn..." he's just out of my reach, but I continue to fight. I'm careful not to break the lighting fixure as its very delicate and don't want the damsel to be angry. I use my Jedi mind trick and it starts to come right for me. "Quick, I have to stop it before it gets me" I think. With that I muster all the strength a man can muster and swat him down. "VICTORY!!!" I cry as I believe the beast has succumb to defeat. But as I look down, I notice that there is still life in this moth. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!" I yell in anger. Ahhhhhhh, but I have the advantage this time you smug little bastard... For not only do I have the advantage of being being multitudes larger, you my friend, are in the sink... I chuckle at the fate that only I know is coming. "I thought you had me moth. But now I'm sending you home..." With that, I jam my left hand into the sink cupping the moth firmly as to wound him, not fatally, just enough so that he cannot get away. "I like seeing you squirm" I say as I remove my hand. I chuckled as I turned on the sink. Slowly at first just to let the moth know what was coming. Then I cranked it up. The water overcomes him and is sucked into the watery depths that he will call home for eternity. Perhaps he knew, or perhaps he didn't, but he didn't cry or beg for me to stop. He knew it was his time, and though not ready to accept the painful and slow death, he took it like a good moth should. Silently... That smug little bastard fought cowardly this time, attacking an inocent dame. Lucky for her I was here to save the day. I turn on the water once more and wash my bloodied hands. As I leave the bathing chamber, I see the fair maiden smiling happily. I say to her "I have sent that vile beast back to the hell from wence it came." She ran over and hugged me, the kind of hug that only a damsel in distress could give. Sweet and inocent like the love of a child. And with that, she enters the bathing chamber to finish her cleansing ritual. And I. I lay back down in the living room trying to forget the blood that I just spilled. Silently, I pray... "Its not my time to go moth. Not yet. Not yet..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home